Monday, April 7, 2008

The bench story,part 1


It all started a few months ago.Early January i received an email from my,food lover/pretty good tennis player/Feist fan friend Jen. She was forwarding me some info about the organization Art Reach. They were actively looking for 16 artists to get involved in this new project which would consist in painting a garden bench that would be sold in a silent auction during the Art Walk festival at the end of April in Little Italy. All the proceeds would benefit Art Reach and help them developing new art program for kids in schools.
Jen was simply and casually asking me to consider adapting one of my designs on a bench!!! As I finish reading it i felt my head going backwards, my eyebrows drifting upward and my sealed lips moving forward in a total shock/surprised/taken off guard type of expression!!! I immediately thought" there is no way on earth i could do this!!"

1 comment:

Ame Stanko said...

Ha ha, what a great description! It sure turned out cool.